Privacy Notice for Applicants | Updated January 2023
Markem-Imaje and any Markem-Imaje entity worldwide (the "Company", "we", "us", "our" or "us") is committed to protecting personal data and intends to process personal data transparently and lawfully and to comply with applicable data protection laws,
including the EU General Data Protection Regulation ("GDPR") and applicable local laws.
This Data Privacy Notice for Job Applicants (the "Privacy Notice") is intended to provide you with certain information about how your personal data will be collected, used, shared and protected within the processes to be implemented by the Company, which
are described in more detail in the sections below.
You can find all information relating to Data Protection in General Privacy Notice (markem-imaje.com). Please note that the Company may change this Privacy Notice at any time when it requires an update by applicable law.
1. WHAT ARE PERSONAL DATA?
Personal data (also referred to as "data" or "your data") means any information or set of information that can directly or indirectly identify you. Your name, email/address addresses, telephone number, CV, and computer IP address, among other data that
may be collected and identifiable with you.
2. PRIVACY STATEMENT
In all circumstances, the Company aims to process personal data by the following principles:
- Transparency: Personal data is used in a fair, lawful and transparent manner.
- Limited use: Personal data is collected for a specific and legitimate business and/or employment purpose and used in a manner that is compatible with that purpose. When such data is no longer needed, we delete it securely, not exceeding the time legally
established under current legislation.
- Data minimization: Only relevant data, justified in each request, is collected and used for proper service.
- Pseudonymization of data: Information which, without including a user's name data, makes it possible to identify him or her using additional information, provided that this information appears separately and is subject to technical and organizational
measures designed to ensure that the personal data is not attributed to an identified or identifiable natural person.
- Accuracy: The aim is to maintain the quality of the data we keep accurate and up to date, therefore it is necessary and the responsibility of the users to update and/or notify their new data by accessing their profiles or through the corresponding areas
of the company.
Security and Limited Access: Personal data is stored securely and is only shared with those individuals who need the data to achieve a business and/or employment purpose, and there is a signed confidentiality agreement between the parties.
3. WHO IS THE RELEVANT "CONTROLLER" OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
Dover Europe Sàrl is responsible for the personal data you share with us, as well as each Markem-Imaje entity that interacts with you as a prospective employee, in compliance with applicable data protection laws, including the EU General Data Protection
Regulation ("GDPR"), the Swiss Federal Data Protection Act, UK Act 2018 and the national/local laws applicable to each Markem-Imaje entity in your home country.
The Company is the Processor of personal data for the purposes of applicable data protection laws.
If you have any questions, suggestions, complaints or comments about the processing of your data, you can always contact us by two means:
- Postal address: Dover Europe Sàrl (Data Protection Officer), Rue Chemin de Blandonnet 10, 1214 Vernier, Switzerland.
- Email: email@example.com
Any kind of request can be sent to us in the following languages: English, French, German, Italian or Spanish.
4. HOW DO WE COLLECT OR RECEIVE YOUR DATA?
As a prospective employee, the Company uses a variety of tools and applications, from initial communication regarding candidacy to recruitment and integration (as described in more detail in section 7), in accordance with applicable regulations.
At each step of recruitment, you may share your personal data through various means, such as email, telephone, video call, social media, website, forms, devices, and third parties such as recruitment agencies, among others.
The sole purpose of which will be the evaluation of the candidate for the present or future job offers offered by the Company.
5. WHAT PERSONAL DATA IS COLLECTED OR GATHERED?
We will collect from you directly or obtain from other sources the following categories of personal data:
- Data relating to your use of our websites/apps: for example, pages you viewed; videos you watched; the content you clicked on or tapped; jobs you searched for; your location; duration of your visit; jobs selected; computer IP address; browser information;
device identifiers; operating system, mobile network, standard web log data and traffic to and from our site.
- Identifying information: For example, First name; Last name; Gender; Email/address addresses; Telephone number; ID; Nationality; Passport number; Photo; Birthday or age range; Profile picture; Language; Identification information for you and your partner;
Family identification; Social security number; Insurance identification numbers; Immigration status; Residence permit; Bank account number; Tax residency.
- Qualification details: e.g., CV; Resume; Resume; CV; Work experience; Education history; Positions.
- Application information: E.g., Expected income; Type of work desired; Availability; References.
- Social media profile: when you use social login or share this personal data with us.
- Data from other sources: We may also obtain data about you from other sources, such as recruiters, market research firms, job fairs, references, identity verification providers and information accessible on the Internet and third-party websites, including
LinkedIn, Twitter, and references.
- If you have consented to a background check and/or where permitted by law, we may also collect details of professional registrations, sanctions with professional bodies, financial checks or criminal convictions.
- Any other information you submit to us, including any correspondence between you and the Company, exchanged during the application process.
Except for specific purposes, where such collection is legally required, we do not collect personal data revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership and the processing of genetic data,
biometric data to uniquely identify an individual or data relating to health or sexual life and orientation.
6. WHAT IS THE LEGAL BASIS FOR THE USE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
Depending on the purpose for which the data is used, the legal basis for processing your data may be:
- Your consent: To process your data, your consent must always be given in a reliable manner.
- Legitimate interests: The processing of your personal data is necessary to manage our relationship with you from the initial communication regarding the job offer through to recruitment and integration, to improve our services and to ensure the security
of our IT environment. The Company has weighed these legitimate interests against the data subject's fundamental rights and freedoms and concluded that the processing described here is lawful and appropriate. Further information about this analysis
can be provided upon request.
- Legal obligation: where processing is required by law.
7. WHY IS IT NECESSARY TO PROCESS YOUR DATA?
The Company will process the personal data described above for the following purposes:
- Online navigation:
to enable the proper and secure operation of our website/applications;
- Review and evaluate your application for employment, including:
assess their skills and interest in career opportunities at Markem-Imaje;
process your application;
analyze their qualifications;
verify your identity and eligibility for employment.
- Recruitment process:
organizing the recruitment process, assessments and interviews;
reimburse potential expenses related to the recruitment process.
- Incorporation process:
establish an employment contract;
organizing their integration.
- Communicate with you about your application, respond to your queries and schedule interviews.
- To comply with our legal and regulatory obligations, and to manage our rights (for example, to enforce our claims in court).
We will not use your personal data for decisions based solely on automated processing if the decision produces legal effects concerning you or significantly affects you unless you have given your explicit consent to this processing.
8. WHO CAN ACCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
The Company limits who has access to your personal data to only those who need it for legitimate business purposes. Personal data is shared on a "need to know" basis. Some of your personal data may be shared within Markem-Imaje Group entities around the
world with people involved in your application and recruitment process. Only those persons who need the data to achieve a business purpose should have access to the personal data, and only for as long as they need it to achieve the purpose. Individual
recipients are not permitted to share personal data with other employees or third parties unless such sharing is authorized and complies with all applicable Company policies. Specifically, we anticipate that the following categories of recipients
will have access to your personal data, for the purposes listed in section 7:
- Human Resources Team: The Company's Human Resources team will access and process some of your personal data for the purposes described in Section 7.
- Managers: Potential future managers for the relevant application will have access to some of your personal data to review and assess the suitability of your application for the position.
- IT Teams: The Company's IT teams, as well as any IT subcontractors acting on the Company's behalf, may have access to some of your personal data, such as your contact details and any information about your use of the Company's information and communications
systems to provide and support IT services.
Some of the recipients listed above are located outside the European Economic Area and are likely to be located in many countries around the world. As described in Section 9 below, all such transfers to domestic recipients will comply with all applicable
laws and regulations, under the EU Standard Contractual Clauses (SCC) (europa.eu),
The Company may engage third-party suppliers to assist in the processing of personal data from time to time. The Company will transfer to such supplier its obligations under applicable data privacy law, require the supplier to secure the data and provide
additional notice as required by law, following the EU Standard Contractual Clauses (SCC) (europa.eu)
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
9. WHERE ARE THE DATA TRANSFERRED? ON WHAT LEGAL BASIS?
Your personal data may be transferred to, accessed and stored at a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA") for the purposes listed above under the EU Standard Contractual Clauses, the Privacy Shield or other legally binding and permissible
Such transfers will comply with all applicable laws and regulations. Specifically, we anticipate that your data may be transferred to many countries around the world.
Further details relevant to the basis for transfers of your personal data can be provided upon request to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your personal data may also be further processed and transferred in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings, for the Company to establish, exercise or defend its legal rights, or to comply with legal obligations, including,
without limitation, following a request from a competent administrative or judicial authority or in any circumstances where such processing is requested in accordance with applicable laws.
10. ARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA SECURE?
We are committed to keeping your personal data secure and to taking all reasonable precautions to do so. We always do our best to protect your personal data and, once we have received your personal data, we have implemented appropriate technical and organizational
measures to safeguard and secure the personal data we process.
We employ a range of different IT security tools to safeguard personal data, restrict access to data and have physical and organisational security measures in place to prevent unauthorised or unlawful access to personal data and accidental loss, destruction
or damage to personal data. We contractually require trusted third parties who handle your personal data for us to do the same.
The Company also maintains an inventory of personal data and assesses the protections we have in place for that data to ensure that our security measures are appropriate to the sensitivity of the data.
As the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site. As such, any transmission is at your own risk.
11. HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
The Company will retain your personal data for no longer than is necessary for the purpose for which we have processed it and will securely delete it once that purpose has been fulfilled. If your application is successful, the information provided may
be retained for the purposes of your employment. If unsuccessful, we will retain your personal information for one year, so that we can consider you for other positions that may be of interest to you, unless you indicate that you do not wish this
to happen, during which time you can always update your details or exercise any of your rights under current data protection regulations by emailing email@example.com, and you must identify yourself correctly, to confirm that you are the data
you can refuse to use them.
We monitor visits to our website and log the IP addresses of visitors to our website. This information does not identify you as an individual and allows you to browse our website more easily.
13. YOUR RIGHTS
You can always ask the Company for more information about the people who will be able to see and access the data that relates to you.
If you become aware of inaccurate data, it is your responsibility to request that the data be updated and corrected.
We would like to remind you of the rights granted to you by the current Regulation, not to mention, incidentally, the rights existing under your jurisdiction:
- Right to request access to your personal data.
- The right to request its rectification or erasure.
- The right to request the restriction of the processing.
- Right to object to processing.
- Right to data portability.
- Right to withdraw consent.
The Company is committed to ensuring that your data is protected against misuse. If you believe that your data and information have been used in violation of applicable laws, regulations or data protection provisions, please notify the Company and it
will assist you.
You may also complain to the Data Protection Supervisory Authority in your home country, by the provisions of the European Union. You can find your Supervisory Authority at the following link: Our Members | European Data Protection Board (europa.eu).
Any requests, including those related to the exercise of such rights, and questions may be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions or concerns about how we process and use your personal data, or if you wish to exercise any of your rights above, please contact us at email@example.com.
Please note that you can always find more information on our website